Updated: Sep 6
1. Keep calm like a champion. When you feel yourself starting to get irritated by a family member on Christmas - you can get through it trying to relax by slowing down your breathing and deepening your breaths significantly. Go for a walk or even in another room if you have to...
2. Accept the difficult person fully. This is just who they are, what they do, and how they act. If they want to act like an ass then let them, you don't have to act or be like them. Remember none of us our perfect and we all make mistakes. Other members in your family may or may not be on the same level in life as you are right now.
3. Be the bigger person. If a difficult family member wants to be right, let them be “right.” It's not worth your time or energy. If you’re finding it difficult to let them be right, you can always “agree to disagree,” and let it go and be done with it.
4. Give yourself permission to take care of your own needs first. This is very important, You and your feelings truly matter❣ If you can only handle staying for two hours and have to leave earlier than other members of the family, then that’s exactly what you need to do to take care of you. And it’s perfectly okay, don’t feel guilty or obligated to stay any longer than you have or need to.
5. Don't take the bait. Refer back to # 1 & 2.
Be proud of yourself at the end of the day for not lowering yourself down to the level of a difficult member in your family on Christmas or any other holiday. Give yourself a hug & big pat on the back for dealing with a difficult situation and handling it like a pro! ❤
Sending you much love ❤, peace, and positive vibes,
Sherri Pentzien – (Certified Professional Life Coach & Owner of Savannahsmiles Life Coaching)
Have you received your FREE Gift yet? If not, click on the link below and get your's TODAY!
If you would like to book a FREE 30 min. coaching session with me you can click on the link below.
If you haven't checked out my online store yet... click on the link below. There are some awesome gifts for everyone for any occasion.