Letting Go Relationships That No Longer Serve You
Updated: Oct 17, 2018
It's a normal process in life to outgrow friends and relationships. When we are willing to “let go” of relationships that no longer serve us it allows room in our lives for the new.
Today I was inspired to create a video (posted below) giving 7 reasons for letting go of relationships that no longer serve us.
7 Reasons to…Let Go Relationships That No Longer Serve You
1. You’re not the same person you were 10, 20 yrs. ago, or even last year.
2. Lives take different paths, no one’s fault, you just no longer have anything in common.
3. Conversations are always about them (self-centered).
4. The relationship drains your energy, or you feel irritated and anxious when they’re around.
5. The relationship doesn’t provide you with what you want and need.
6. They never encourage, support, believe in you, or the things you do.
7. They’re always focusing on drama, negativity, or things from the past.
Some of the most heartbreaking & difficult moments of my life were when I had to let go of old friendships that no longer served me. Yes, it was sad, not easy, and even felt very lonely at times. However, extremely necessary in order to be true to myself, achieve my goals, and be able to reach a certain destination in my life. It did not mean that I didn’t have an enormous amount of love & respect for them (I still do). I will always be grateful for the friendships & cherish the memories we had shared together, but it was simply time to move on…
Stay true to you! - Don't allow yourself & others to hold you back from becoming who you were truly meant to be on this earth!
Sending Love, Peace, & Positive Vibes,
(Owner & Founder of Savannahsmiles Life Coaching)